Job Title: Process Engineer
Job Description: Newlight Technologies is seeking a results-driven Process Engineer with experience in the industrial biotechnology industry, or related industries, to assist in the scale-up engineering of Newlight Technologies’ biopolymer manufacturing technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop process flow diagrams and maintain detailed heat and material balance of overall process to support commercial facility design.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise to support pilot and commercial-scale manufacturing processes.
- Develop process specifications for scale-up equipment, e.g., bioreactors, complex process equipment skids, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, and heat exchangers.
- Apply engineering principles to recommend, design, and implement system modifications.
- Support manufacturing investigations and regulatory submissions.
- Anticipate improvements in commercial-scale manufacturing.
- Develop key and high-quality technical reports required for method development, validation, stability, and comparability efforts.
- M.S. or B.S. in Engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-5+ years of experience with a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Experience with process development of bioreactors and downstream processes.
- Work experience in production operations, including in both upstream and downstream processing, following best work practices and techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in process development within industrial biotechnology industry.
- EIT certificate.
- PE registration.
- Prior experience in a liquid chemical processing facility.
- Competitive pay.
- Upward mobility.
- Stock options.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision Insurance.
- Gym membership reimbursement plan.
- Company-supplied fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks.
- 401(k) investment plan.
- Salary commensurate with experience.