Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
The Maintenance Mechanic supports all production/facility equipment, performs preventive maintenance on all equipment, and maintains the facility in top condition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical maintenance on all production and lab equipment as well as maintenance of the building, including preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and provides guidance to prevent failures on all production and lab equipment.
- Maintains heating and air conditioning units for the facility.
- Assists with the installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date service and equipment data files for building and production/lab equipment.
- Acts as agent for procurement of service contracts/repair work; assists with purchase of many facility fixtures and equipment.
- Communicates need for major repairs or modifications and is proactive in communicating a path forward for all building and production equipment.
- Responds in a timely fashion to problems related to facility maintenance and repair.
- Makes recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment of unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains a clean, safe working environment.
- Possesses and maintains a high level of competency and efficiency in all aspects of maintenance operations.
- Performs minor and routine repairs including but not limited to painting, plumbing, labeling and other related maintenance activities.
- Prepares required reports and correspondence.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent.
- Prior experience in high speed industrial manufacturing with emphasis on rotating equipment.
- Knowledge of plumbing, piping, basic electrical, carpentry, and industrial maintenance.
- Ability to work at heights and in inclement weather.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Good computer skills, ability to create spreadsheets in Excel, prepare emails and memos using Word and email, and conduct internet research.
- Strong safety knowledge and ability to follow any and all safety requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Competitive pay.
- Upward mobility.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Gym membership reimbursement plan.
- Company supplied fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks.
- 401(k) investment plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.