Job Title: Director of Finance
The Director of Finance role is a dynamic role that supports the fiscal management of the Company.
This position will oversee and manage the company’s finances, including overall financial administration, forecasting, and planning, and implement best practices based on analysis of the company’s current position and future goals.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is excited to roll up their sleeves and execute in an entrepreneurial environment. Successful candidates will ideally have experience in biotechnology or heavy manufacturing in both the public and private sector and will have worked with companies at different points in their business cycle, including during rapid growth, capital financing, and sustained expansion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads all aspects of financial management, including planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Works closely with the executive team to plan for key revenue and cost drivers.
- Develops and implements financial policies and controls to support growth needs.
- Develops financial models, performs value-add analysis, and leads financial discussions to drive improved short-term and long-term results.
- Develops and maintains a system of analyzing and reporting business plan variances and provides forecasts to divisional and corporate management that communicate expected future operations compared to plan and necessary corrective measures to achieve plan goals.
- Works with Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Operations Teams to identify key financial metrics.
- Oversees the functional areas of accounting, tax, investor relations, and audit management information.
- Oversees insurance functions to assure company’s assets are safeguarded and risk is minimized.
- Establishes excellent internal systems to support financial and business operations consistent with the company’s growth and reporting requirements.
- Reviews and monitors the organization’s financial position.
- Manages tax reporting programs.
- Keeps up to date on overall financial activities of the company, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Helps lead fundraising and financing efforts, working closely with the Executive Team. Helps manage ongoing relationships with financial institutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive financial leadership experience.
- Record of accomplishment successfully building, growing, and leading the finance groups in growing technology companies.
- Leadership experience in implementing new revenue and operational models from inception through AP/AR.
- Significant experience with financial transactions.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience overseeing and recommending software to increase systems efficiency and increase reporting accuracy.
- Outstanding references and a well-established network of professional service providers.
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative solutions.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and enthusiasm to work within a high energy start-up culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong problem-solving skills and follow-through.
- Competitive pay.
- Stock options.
- Upward mobility.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision Insurance.
- Gym membership reimbursement plan.
- Company-supplied fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks.
- 401(k) investment plan.
- Salary commensurate with experience.