Job Title: Automation Engineer-Programmer
Job Description: The Automation Engineer-Programmer will be responsible for designing, programming, and implementing process control solutions for Newlight’s production facility. This is a hands-on role that will require creativity in designing and implementing industrial automation solutions to support company needs. The ideal candidate will be a positive, team player with experience carrying out successful PLC and HMI automation projects and knowledge of process manufacturing field instrumentation.
***Experience with Ignition SCADA by Inductive Automation highly preferred. ***
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Program control systems – SCADA, PLC, HMI, Historian, Communications hardware, etc.
- Design, configure, and program HMI screens to support the overall control of the equipment and process, ensuring proper configuration is in place for PLC/HMI hardware to effectively communicate.
- Setup and startup of hardware and software for the PLC, HMI, variable frequency drives, control, and communications networks.
- Coordinate with management and automation team members regarding control system development, standards, and implementation.
- Work with production and process development teams to capture data and develop custom automation systems suited to department needs.
- Participate in testing and commissioning of the control system.
- Ensure QA/QC process is established and implemented as related to the control system – programming, implementation and testing.
- Load, test, and document control system programs and communication systems.
- Coordinate with sub-contractors and suppliers as related to control system supply, integration, implementation and testing.
- Conduct end-user training.
- Work and communicate effectively with other disciplines, task leaders, and project managers.
- Identify technologies to be used for future applications and extensions of current architectures.
- 10+ years of industrial automation programming or related work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Computer Engineering or Associate Degree in Engineering or trade school program completion in relevant field.
- Ability to understand chemical dosing and effectively automating the controls system to achieve a steady, consistent dosage.
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering, and production processes.
- AutoCAD or other design software (Solidworks, Inventor, etc.) knowledge preferred.
- Experience with any of the following PLC’s: Allen Bradly, Modicon, Siemens, AutomationDirect, and Omron. Proven experience with any of the following HMI, or SCADA software packages AutomationDirect’s C-More, Ignition SCADA by Inductive Automation, Wonderware, FactoryTalk View ME/SE, Vijeo Citect, Ci-Tech, etc.
- Experience with motor controls: electrical or drive type, VFD, VSD.
- Knowledge of process manufacturing field instrumentation, technology and batch process manufacturing expertise in the following project phases: documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, systems integration, testing and on-site startup.
- Experience preparing P&IDs, wiring schematics, network and control system architecture designs highly preferred.
- Proven track record in programming leadership as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as providing detailed documentation upon project completion.
- Project management experience highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and hands-on work style.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competitive pay
- Stock options.
- Upward mobility.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision Insurance.
- Gym membership reimbursement plan.
- Company-supplied fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks.
- 401(k) investment plan.
- Salary commensurate with experience.